Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cute and delicious!
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat bran
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups nonfat yogurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fruit, etc, add-ins of your choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees, racks in the middle.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, wheat bran, salt, baking soda and sugar.
- Beat together the yogurt, egg, honey, and butter in a second larger bowl. Add the dry ingredients and fold in until everything comes together. Fold in any optional add-ins, raisins, nuts, and the like. Resist overmixing.
- Either grease a mini-muffin tin with butter or line the tin with small muffin papers. Fill each 3/4 full. Bake 10 -15 minutes, until muffins are golden on top and cooked through. You can also make larger muffins in a standard size muffin pan with this batter, you just need to bake them about 5 minutes longer.
I made these exactly as written but made them as full size muffins. (I have old and small muffin tins though, so I got 2 dozen regular sized muffins.) As my add-in I added chocolate chips. (I believe a little chocolate helps everything.) These are bran-y tasting but have good texture and flavor. Thanks!