Recipe by Lennie
I have had this recipe practically forever; I even remember my grandmother making it in the 1960s. Pure nostalgia.
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- paprika, for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup crushed potato chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook macaroni in plenty of boiling salted water until just al dente; drain.
- Combine tuna, onion, peas (you can also use a well-drained 10 ounce tin of baby peas), milk, pepper and the tin of cream of chicken soup in a large bowl.
- Fold in cooked macaroni.
- Pour into a lightly buttered six-cup casserole dish; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Top with 1/2 cup crushed potato chips and return to oven for 10 more minutes.