Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have had this recipe practically forever; I even remember my grandmother making it in the 1960s. Pure nostalgia.
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- paprika, for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup crushed potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook macaroni in plenty of boiling salted water until just al dente; drain.
- Combine tuna, onion, peas (you can also use a well-drained 10 ounce tin of baby peas), milk, pepper and the tin of cream of chicken soup in a large bowl.
- Fold in cooked macaroni.
- Pour into a lightly buttered six-cup casserole dish; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Top with 1/2 cup crushed potato chips and return to oven for 10 more minutes.
Really good! Loved the addition of the soup, made it lovely and creamy.I used small shell pasta instead of the macaroni, this will be a regular for us.
This was yummy.I doubled the recipe,and my kids ate it all up.Even hubby who hates tuna cassserole went back for seconds.
This was the exact recipe I was looking for. I loved it. Comfort Food. - Thanks!