1/1 Photo of Baby Bok Choy With Yellow Bell Peppers
Wonderfully simple, with bok choy, peppers, and green onions fresh from the farmers market, this veggie stir-fry doesn't even really need added salt, there is enough naturally in the bok choy itself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 large yellow bell peppers, stem and seed pod removed and discarded, sliced (about 2 cups sliced)
- 4 green onions, chopped, including green parts that are not dried out
- 1 garlic clove (pressed or minced)
- 1 lb baby bok choy, bottom root ball cut off and discarded, rinsed thoroughly, torn into smaller pieces
- salt (optional)
- pepper (optional)
- 1Heat a tablespoon each of grapeseed (or canola) oil and sesame oil in a large sauté pan on high heat. Add the chopped yellow peppers, green onion and garlic(add onions and garlic a min or two after the pepper) and cook, stirring occasionally until lightly browned. (Keep a watch so that the onions and garlic don't burn.).
- 2Lower the heat and add the bok choy. Stir to coat with the oil in the pan. Cook only until the bok choy has wilted. The thicker, whiter ends of the baby bok choy should still be somewhat crunchy. Season as and if desired.
- 3Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baby Bok Choy With Yellow Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.8
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 78.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g