1/1 Photo of Baby Bok Choy With Sherry and Prosciutto
Teddy's Mommy's Note:
Found on Simply Recipes.com and edited to be lower in sugar. OK I actually made the recipe a month or so ago. I should make it more! It's very good. I don't have Bok Choy or Prosciutto in the house on a regular basis though :-(
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 heads baby bok choy, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, more as needed
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with a tablespoon of cold water
- 1/3-1/2 cup prosciutto, finely chopped
- 1Put the oil and garlic into a large, heavy-based sauté pan with a lid.
- 2Heat on medium high heat and cook, stirring frequently until the garlic begins to sizzle, about 1 minute.
- 3Add the bok choy halves.
- 4Use tongs to turn the pieces in the oil. Season with salt.
- 5When the bok choy leaves begin to wilt, add the sherry, turning the pieces again. Add the chicken broth, soy sauce, and sugar.
- 6Reduce the heat to medium.
- 7Cover and simmer until the bok choy tops are wilted and the stalks are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- 8Using tongs, transfer the bok choy to a plate, leaving the cooking fluid in the pan.
- 9Whisk the corn starch slurry into the cooking fluid.
- 10Simmer until liquid has thickened, about 30 seconds.
- 11Remove the pan from the heat and add the bok choy back to the pan.
- 12Add the prosciutto and toss quickly to coat the bok choy with the broth and mix with the prosciutto.
- 13Season to taste with salt.
- 14Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baby Bok Choy With Sherry and Prosciutto
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.6
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 439.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: