Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The flavors just work really well and the meal comes together quickly.
- 1⁄2 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 heads baby bok choy
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons agave nectar, for vegan friends
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce or 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Prepare peanut sauce by whisking the first 7 ingredients together (or putting in a jar and shaking).
- Put the pasta on to boil.
- While pasta is cooking, chop your veggies. I prefer them kind of matchstick or julienned.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Saute onion and garlic. Be careful not to burn them!
- Add bok choy and carrots to the pan and sauté just until the greens wilt.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan. Toss with the veggies.
- Pour the peanut sauce over everything and carefully toss.
- Eat hot or at room temperature.
- If you want to get fancy, garnish with chopped peanuts, cilantro, or sesame seeds.