Recipe by Hey Jude
We had this excellent side dish last night with some Chinese steamed fish and jasmine rice...it was wonderful and SO easy! This is a recipe I tweaked a bit from a book called, simply, Dim Sum by Vicki Liley
Top Review by lucy k.
Interesting recipe. Thanks for the detailed instructions on preparing the bok choy -- I wouldn't have known how to do that. This didn't go over big with the kids, but I expected that. The sauce was quite salty --I might try only one teaspoon of soya sauce next time.
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, bottoms trimmed but stalks left whole with some still 'stuck together',washed (about 3/4 lb.)
- In a small saucepan, combine oyster sauce, stock, soy sauce, sesame oil and cornstarch mixture.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sauce bubbles and thickens; remove from heat.
- Blanch bok choy in a saucepan of boiling water for 1 1/2 minutes; remove from pan with a slotted spoon and place on a serving plate.
- Pour oyster sauce over it and serve.