Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Not sure where I found this baby bok choy recipe, it's either from Gourmet or Bon Appetit. It's quick, delicious, and compliments any Asian stir-fry.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over moderate heat.
- Add minced garlic and saute about 2-3 minutes until barely golden/brown.
- Add bok choy and chicken broth and simmer until bok choy is tender, turning occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Use a slotted spoon to serve.
Another great way to serve up one of our favorite veggies. Giving five stars for how easy it is to prepare and versatile...you can throw in just about any other veggie you want to and steam it right along. I served this with Stir-Fried Ginger Shrimp with Snow Peas, delicious!
Simple and delicious. Baby bok choy is so tender and delicious when cooked. I like this recipe because there isn't alot of other ingredients or heavy sauce to take away from the bok choy. I made this as written and wouldn't change a thing, Thanx!
Nice easy way to make bok choy. The chicken broth is a good idea; it keeps the garlic & bok choy from browning during the saute. I used a dib-dab of butter along with canola oil; added a touch of soy sauce and sesame oil at the end. Excellent.