Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very light, low-calorie, low-GI dish that is perfect for a weeknight supper. I suggest going to an Asian market to buy mushrooms. They have many different varieties and the prices are much less than those at regular grocery stores. For more healthy gluten-free recipes, please visit my blog, www.InnerHarmonyNutrition.com.
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free oyster sauce or 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 tablespoons sake (optional) or 2 tablespoons chinese rice wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 1⁄2 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 4 cups baby bok choy, bottom stems removed
- 5 cups assortment mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons potato starch
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a bowl, mix 2/3 cup (150 ml) water, tamari, oyster sauce and sake or Chinese rice wine.
- Heat oil in a pan. Sauté garlic and ginger. Add carrots and bok choy and cook a few more minutes.
- Add the sauce mixture. Cover and cook until vegetables are almost cooked. Add mushrooms and cook a few more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dissolve potato starch in 2 Tbsp of water. Reduce heat and add it to the pan. Mix well. Remove from heat. Add crushed red pepper if desired.
- Infuse love into the food and serve!
This is absolutely fabulous. I wanted to use what I had on hand so I used soy sauce not tamari, mirin not sake and I added some chili garlic paste for some heat and I added some chicken soup base not salt. I also just added the corn starch to the water mixture to eliminate a step. This was so easy and packed with flavour. What a great way to eat vegetables. I am just sorry I did not make a double batch. Thank you so much for posting