1/1 Photo of Baby Bok Choy and Mushroom Stir Fry
This is a very light, low-calorie, low-GI dish that is perfect for a weeknight supper. I suggest going to an Asian market to buy mushrooms. They have many different varieties and the prices are much less than those at regular grocery stores. For more healthy gluten-free recipes, please visit my blog, www.InnerHarmonyNutrition.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free oyster sauce or 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 tablespoons sake (optional) or 2 tablespoons chinese rice wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 4 cups baby bok choy, bottom stems removed
- 5 cups assortment mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons potato starch
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1In a bowl, mix 2/3 cup (150 ml) water, tamari, oyster sauce and sake or Chinese rice wine.
- 2Heat oil in a pan. Sauté garlic and ginger. Add carrots and bok choy and cook a few more minutes.
- 3Add the sauce mixture. Cover and cook until vegetables are almost cooked. Add mushrooms and cook a few more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Dissolve potato starch in 2 Tbsp of water. Reduce heat and add it to the pan. Mix well. Remove from heat. Add crushed red pepper if desired.
- 5Infuse love into the food and serve!
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baby Bok Choy and Mushroom Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.7
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 861.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 9.1 g