Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick and yummy side dish or even a main meal! If you like you can always add some tofu or mushrooms to bulk it up a bit! Serve with rice to soak up the tasty sauce!
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 inches piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 5 heads baby bok choy, bottoms trimmed, outer leaves discarded, separated into leaves and thoroughly washed
- 1⁄3 cup sweet chili sauce
- salt and pepper
- Heat a large sautÃ© pan over medium-high heat. Add oil, garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant but not brown, about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add bok choy leaves and cook until leaves are wilted but stems are still crunchy, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add sweet chili sauce, stir and let cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, tossing to coat all leaves. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve immediately and spoon leftover sauce in pan over bok choy.
I used 2 pounds of baby bok choy. After sauteing there was a lot of liquid. I removed the bok choy and added a slurry of corn starch and water to thicken the liquid. Mixed the bok choy in the thicken sauce. We enjoyed this thanks.
Such an easy and tasty recipe. We love anything with extra sauce to soak into rice.