1/6 Photos of Baby Block Shower or Birthday Cake
This idea for a cake is so sweet! This would be perfect for a baby shower or even your little ones first birthday party!! You use frozen, store-bought or homemade pound cakes cut in half to make "blocks" and then frost with "b-a-b-y" or the baby/child's name that the party is celebrating!! NOTE: the quantity of cakes and frosting depends on how many blocks you need to spell out the name.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) frozen poundcake, thawed
- white frosting
- food coloring
- 1Make or buy a minimum of 2 pound cakes (quantity depends on how big of a name you are spelling).
- 2Slice in half width-wise and shave sides and top accordingly to make a cube.
- 3Color appropriate amount of white frosting with food coloring to make pink, blue or whatever colors "blocks" you want.
- 4Frost all sides but the bottom of the blocks with the colored frosting.
- 5Using a frosting gun or a ziploc (with tip cut) filled with remaining white frosting - write the first letter on all sides, including the top of the block.
- 6Repeat with the additional "blocks" by finishing out the name you are using.
- 7Arrange blocks to spell out the name on a beautiful platter and getting ready for the compliments!
- 8NOTE: You could also bake 2 13x9 cakes and cut into cubes and make the "blocks" 2-layers stacked.
- 9You could get even fancier and pipe the contrasting color of frosting onto the edges/trim of the blocks to define them more.
- 10Or you could decorate the blocks with the white frosting and spell the baby's name out with the color-tinted frosting.
- 11The possibilities are endless!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baby Block Shower or Birthday Cake
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.9
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 169.7 mg
- Sodium 305.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g