Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Baby portabella mushroom caps filled with roasted red pepper, sun dried tomatoes, crispy hashbrowns, and smothered in browned asiago cheese. Great appetizer or lunch bites with a salad. delicious, fool proof, and always the first to go at party's.
- 8 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 12 baby portabella mushrooms, caps
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 cups shredded asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook the Simply Potatoes hash browns to extra crispy, per package directions.
- Arrange the mushroom caps, upside down, on a cookie sheet. For a crispier bottom, brush caps with oil before putting on the cookie sheet.
- Cut sun dried tomatoes and roasted red peppers into /4 inch strips, then into piece that fit inside the mushroom caps.
- Arrange 2-3 pieces of each tomatoes and peppers inside the mushroom caps, evenly distributed until gone.
- ext, take the semi cooled hash browns and stack in the next layer on top of the tomatoes and peppers, about a tablespoon per cap.
- Then take a small hand full of Asiago cheese and covered each cap. Should look like a pyramid.
- Bake for 5-20 minutes, until cheese is melted and browned on top.