This is a recipe I got from the River Valley Ranch mushroom growers who sell mushrooms at my farmer's market every Sunday from June till October. I love this recipe, it goes great as a side dish to just about anything I barbecue during the summer.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed, cut in half
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt (I used kosher salt)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb baby portabella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat salted water in a large saucepan until boiling; cook the beans until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain beans; set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the garlic, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl; slowly whisk in the olive oil, adding in a steady stream, until smooth.
- Combine the reserved beans, green onions, mushrooms and parsley in a large bowl. Pour dressing over vegetables; toss lightly.
- Chill 30 minutes before serving.