1/3 Photos of Baby Beet Tops (with teeny weeny baby beets attached)
The first ones of summer, patiently waited for, these are soooo delicious!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash beet tops well and shake excess water off.
- 2Cut the baby beets off the stems and slice the bigger ones in half.
- 3Cut the stems off the leaves and discard.
- 4In a large non stick frypan, over high heat, add the olive oil, onions and baby beet pieces.
- 5Saute'til onions are just beginning to soften.
- 6Add the beet leaves, whole.
- 7(They should be medium to small leaves and very fresh.) Reduce heat to medium and add the smashed garlic, salt and pepper.
- 8Turn everything over several times to mix well, while cooking 2 to 3 minutes.
- 9Add oyster sauce and balsamic vinegar, turn over several times, cover and cook another 5 minutes.
- 10Drain slightly/loosely, do not press, serve hot, immediately.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baby Beet Tops (with teeny weeny baby beets attached)
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.5
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 499.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beets with tops