1/3 Photos of Baby Beet Tops (with teeny weeny baby beets attached)
The first ones of summer, patiently waited for, these are soooo delicious!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash beet tops well and shake excess water off.
- 2Cut the baby beets off the stems and slice the bigger ones in half.
- 3Cut the stems off the leaves and discard.
- 4In a large non stick frypan, over high heat, add the olive oil, onions and baby beet pieces.
- 5Saute'til onions are just beginning to soften.
- 6Add the beet leaves, whole.
- 7(They should be medium to small leaves and very fresh.) Reduce heat to medium and add the smashed garlic, salt and pepper.
- 8Turn everything over several times to mix well, while cooking 2 to 3 minutes.
- 9Add oyster sauce and balsamic vinegar, turn over several times, cover and cook another 5 minutes.
- 10Drain slightly/loosely, do not press, serve hot, immediately.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baby Beet Tops (with teeny weeny baby beets attached)
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.5
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 499.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beets with tops