Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The first ones of summer, patiently waited for, these are soooo delicious!!!
Make and share this Baby Beet Tops (with teeny weeny baby beets attached) recipe from Food.com.
- Wash beet tops well and shake excess water off.
- Cut the baby beets off the stems and slice the bigger ones in half.
- Cut the stems off the leaves and discard.
- In a large non stick frypan, over high heat, add the olive oil, onions and baby beet pieces.
- Saute'til onions are just beginning to soften.
- Add the beet leaves, whole.
- (They should be medium to small leaves and very fresh.) Reduce heat to medium and add the smashed garlic, salt and pepper.
- Turn everything over several times to mix well, while cooking 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add oyster sauce and balsamic vinegar, turn over several times, cover and cook another 5 minutes.
- Drain slightly/loosely, do not press, serve hot, immediately.
Incredibly good. I cut my 1" or less diameter beets into four or more wedges and couldn't get them cooked in the recommended time. Next time I'll pre-roast the beets. Alternatively the beets could be cut much smaller. Either way, the flavor won't disappoint.