Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Taken from Country style, an Australian magazine
Make and share this Baby Beet Salad With Rocket and Goats Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Place beetroot in a large saucepan.
- Cover with cold water, bring to the boil.
- Simmer 40 minutes or till tender, cool in pan.
- Drain beetroot.
- Use your hands to rub off skin.
- Combine beetroot, rocket, onion, cheese and pinenuts in serving bowl.
- Shake oil, juice and sugar together.
- Season to taste.
- Drizzle salad with dressing just before serving.
This was a lovely salad, Kate! I'd have never paired beets and goats cheese before, and with the pine nuts and simple dressing - wow! I used golden beets, which were delicious, and the added bonus was that DH, who won't eat beets, didn't recognize them and said they were really good before I told him! ;) The rocket (arugula round here, looked pretty sad, so I used baby greens - which I'm sure had some arugula in them anyways. Thanks for sharing this recipe!!! Made for PAC Fall 2009.