1/2 Photos of Baby Bear's Whole Wheat Banana Bread
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
A Messy Cook's Note:
"Just right!" Delicious, moist, and wholesome. This bread (a favorite with my brothers) uses no refined grains or sugars. Plus, it uses up those overripe bananas sitting on the counter! White whole wheat flour is made from a softer grain than regular WW, so it has a more tender texture but the same health benefits. Using it allows you to get all the fiber and nutrition of whole grains, but not risk turning out a hard, dry loaf! :) Besides white whole wheat, the bananas, applesauce, and wheat germ ensure that this bread is moist and flavorful. It freezes very well, so eat one loaf now and save the other one for later -- if you have any left over to freeze, that is!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together dry ingredients.
- 2Beat oil, applesauce, and honey together; add eggs and beat well.
- 3Add bananas and beat to combine.
- 4Add dry ingredients to wet, alternating with hot water; mix well after each addition.
- 5Pour into two greased 5x9 loaf pans; bake at 325 degrees for 60-70 minutes, or until tests done (it takes 75 minutes for me, but I think my oven is messed up, so it may need a shorter amount of time for you).
- 6Invert loaves onto wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baby Bear's Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.7
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 215.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g