Cook1 hr 10 mins
"Just right!" Delicious, moist, and wholesome. This bread (a favorite with my brothers) uses no refined grains or sugars. Plus, it uses up those overripe bananas sitting on the counter! White whole wheat flour is made from a softer grain than regular WW, so it has a more tender texture but the same health benefits. Using it allows you to get all the fiber and nutrition of whole grains, but not risk turning out a hard, dry loaf! :) Besides white whole wheat, the bananas, applesauce, and wheat germ ensure that this bread is moist and flavorful. It freezes very well, so eat one loaf now and save the other one for later -- if you have any left over to freeze, that is!
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Beat oil, applesauce, and honey together; add eggs and beat well.
- Add bananas and beat to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, alternating with hot water; mix well after each addition.
- Pour into two greased 5x9 loaf pans; bake at 325 degrees for 60-70 minutes, or until tests done (it takes 75 minutes for me, but I think my oven is messed up, so it may need a shorter amount of time for you).
- Invert loaves onto wire rack to cool completely.