As you can see by my recipes, I am a great fan of the almighty Rib! This recipe is one of the best. It gives you a little twist from the standard Baby Back Ribs recipies that everyone knows, without venturing too far. It is by far my favorite. It is perfect for the summer barbeque and picnic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Ingredients for Ribs
- 4 -6 slabs baby back ribs, about 10 - 12 ribs per slab
- Chinese five spice powder
- kosher salt
- coarse black pepper
Ingredients for Glaze
- 1Directions for Ribs:
- 2Preheat your gas grill or charcoal to medium high heat.
- 3Season the ribs liberally on both sides with spices. Place the ribs on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side. Remove the ribs from the grill and allow to cool. (Or, if you prefer, you can broil in a conventional oven for 5 minutes per side.)
- 4Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 5Wrap the ribs in plastic wrap, then in foil, place on a baking sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for 1½ hours. Remove the ribs from the oven and allow to cool while still wrapped.
- 6Prior to serving, spoon the Orange-Chipotle Glaze (see recipe below) over the ribs, liberally coating both sides. Serve one slab of ribs per person, and pass the Orange-Chipotle Glaze at the table.
- 7Directions for Glaze:
- 8In a heavy 3-gallon non-reactive stockpot, reduce the orange juice to ¼ cup.
- 9Add the remaining ingredients and cook over medium-high heat until the sugar has melted and the sauce has reduced to 4 cups and coats the back of a spoon, about 20 - 30 minutes. (Note: be sure to use a large pot as specified and also watch carefully while reducing the glaze - it has a tendency to over boil!).
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baby Back Ribs With Orange-Chipotle Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (1021 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1644.2
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4028.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 411.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 406.5 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo