Recipe by sugarpea
If you don't like coffee, don't worry about it. You'll never know it's in the sauce. The ribs will be sweet, tangy and tender. You can finish them in the oven or on the grill.
Top Review by Ratalouille
The sauce is really delicious! It has a very unique flavor to it - (must be the espresso). The first part of the instructions don't say how hot to cook at, so I baked them at 325degrees for about 2 hours. I turned the oven up to 400degrees, and continued with the recipe. There are no left overs. I chose this recipe for the "This Little Piggy" event - April 2009 ... thanks sugarpea :p
- 3 racks of baby-back pork ribs
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup espresso
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each rack of ribs in half; season with salt and pepper; place ribs on foil-lined baking sheet in two piles of three pieces; bake 2 1/2 hours or until tender; rotate ribs every 30 minutes; remove from oven and wrap with foil to prevent drying out.
- Mix honey, soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup and espresso in saucepan; place oil and garlic in small skillet and heat for 1 minute until garlic becomes golden; add to honey mixture; simmer sauce 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425° or heat up grill; brush both sides of ribs with sauce; cook in single layer, basting often; ribs are finished when glazed and carmelized, about 15 minutes.