Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Slow-cook the ribs during the day and they will be ready to finish on the grill when you get home.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs pork baby back ribs, cut into serving size pieces
- 5 cups water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup plum sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the ribs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the water, onion, celery, 1 teaspoon garlic and peppercorns. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small saucepan, combine the barbecue sauce, plum sauce, hot pepper sauce and remaining garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heat through. Remove ribs. Discard cooking juices and vegetables.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Brush ribs with sauce. Grill, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until well browned, turning occasionally and brushing with remaining sauce.