Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Just about everybody loves baby back ribs, and the baby back ribs. This is a breeze to prep and tastes simply marvelous.
The Rib Rub
- this makes enough dry rub for three slabs of babyback rib
- 44.37 ml black peppercorns
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml mustard seeds, black
- 9.85 ml canning salt
- 9.85 ml red pepper flakes
- 0 so juniper berries
- 4 garlic cloves
- 44.37 ml peanut oil
- 44.37 ml good quality balsamic vinegar
- A smoker temperature of 225 degrees Fahrenheit is perfect for this rib recipe, but up to 240 is fine. For my taste, you just can't beat a combination of oak and hickory for smoking babybacks, but any wood that you're comfy with will be just fine.
- This baby back ribs recipe smokes membrane side down for three to four hours. Baste once with a peanut oil,balsamic vinegar mixture about an hour before they're done. Try the pinch test for doneness. Give the meat between two bones a squeeze with your thumb and forefinger. If it gives easily, it's time to chow down.