Recipe by kiwidutch
These BABY ARTICHOKES are delightfully unique served as a first course. COOKS NOTES: Please adjust dressing quantity for your needs. I suggest perhaps adding a squeeze of lemon juice and a dash of paprika for color.
Top Review by Elmotoo
OOOOH KIWI!! I was so happy to find this recipe! They had baby artichokes at the store the other day so I snapped them up. Then I found THIS in the French Tour Cookbook. The artichokes were fabulous!! Made for ZWT3. Thanks!
- 3 baby artichokes, per person
- 1⁄4 cup Best Foods Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon French's mustard
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil artichokes, completely submerging in salted water until tender, 10-20 minutes, depending on their size. Drain well and cool.
- Discard tough outer leaves, cut off stem so that the artichoke will stand by itself on a plate.
- Cut across the top part of the artichoke, 1/2” or so, and use scissors to decoratively cut across a few of the remaining outside leaves to resemble a “flower”. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, use a spoon to place a thick line of the mayonnaise-mustard mixture off to one side of each individual small flat serving plate.
- Use a clean, unused comb, or similar, to draw wavy lines on the plate through the sauce. Place the cooked artichokes on the plate and sprinkle dill weed atop the “wavy” sauce, and serve.