Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a simple gratin that showcases succulent baby artichokes.
- 12 -16 baby artichokes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- additional oil, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Clean the artichokes by peeling the stems, chopping off the top third, and peeling off the outer, tough leaves.
- Keep the prepared artichokes in a bowl of water with a little lemon added to prevent discoloration while you finish cleaning the rest.
- In a small gratin dish large enough to hold them all, add the artichokes, the garlic, olive oil and white wine.
- Add a little water if needed to bring the level up to almost cover the artichokes, cover, and then bake them in the preheated oven until they are tender.
- Usually this will take between 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the artichokes from the oven, and increase the temperature to 425F.
- Pour off any excess liquid from the cooked chokes, and set aside.
- Mix together the ingredients listed for the topping, and sprinkle this over the artichokes in the casserole dish.
- Drizzle on a little additional olive oil, and bake the archokes just until the topping becomes golden brown.
- Serve immediately, or at room temperature.
it needs pecoreno chheese to bland
This was horrible. I feel like he recipe is missing something. I followed the recipe, but the gratin was disgusting.
I tried this recipe and had poor results. I followed the directions as you listed, but the artichokes came out tough and tasteless. Any ideas for me?