Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very delicious, rich and filling. An old Russian woman gave me this recipe many years ago. Guests request this regularly.
- 6 large potatoes, boiled and cubed
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- Combine potatoes, cottage cheese, sour cream, salt and onions in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle grated cheese and paprika.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
This was lovely & simple to make and the end result was a very creamy, rich dish. It was very liquid from the oven but did thicken up upon standing. I think I would have liked this more with some bacon added , just a personal preference. Thanks for posting!
Made for *My 3 Chefs 2008* & picked because DH is a potato lover like most Icelanders, this potato dish is a tasty, quick & easy fix. I boiled the potatoes early in the dy & assembled this (w/chives added to the top) to be ready to bake w/fish fillets that accompanied it. When fresh from the oven, it appears to be too liquid but is a dish that gets its best texture from a short rest time. After a 10 min rest, it was less liquid, creamy & good to go. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.