1/11 Photos of Babs' Black Bean Grilled Cheese Sandwich
A Good Thing's Note:
This little sandwich will make you want to slap somebody...probably me! I should have shared this little darling a long time ago. It's not my recipe but my dear friend, Babs. The combination of pepper jack cheese and black beans with purple onion on rye is about all one could ask for in a quick fix that tastes utterly divine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sandwich prep:.
- 2Heat griddle or other skillet to medium heat.
- 3Lightly spread butter or margarine on all 8 slices of bread, one side only.
- 4Place black beans on several layers of paper towels and pat them dry.
- 5Cut pepper jack cheese into medium-thick slices as you would for a grilled cheese sandwich. You will need enough slices to make your required number of sandwiches.
- 6Have your chopped onions handy.
- 7To build your sandwich:.
- 8Make grilled cheese sandwich as you normally would -- but add black beans and purple onions in with the cheese.
- 9Grill on each side until golden brown and check to see that the cheese is nicely melted on the inside.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Babs' Black Bean Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.2
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 779.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 26.5 g