Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
Did you know that Babka means Grandma in Polish? Babka is traditionally served for Easter. This recipe tastes wonderful and is very easy, thanks to the breadmaker.
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon yeast (preferrably fast rising)
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 2⁄3 cup warm milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup honey, warmed
- Layer all ingredients (except honey) in your bread machine using the order suggested by the manufacturer. Process on the dough cycle.
- Take the dough out of the pan. Shape it as a round circle, put on a cookie sheet (covered with aluminium foil), cover and let rise, in a warm place, for 45 minutes to 1 hour (until doubled in size).
- Preheat oven to 375°F Bake your Babka for 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, brush with the warmed honey.
- When cold, slice and serve. This Babka is even better after a couple of days.