Recipe by what are we eating tonight?
This is an Indonesian sweet and sour pork dish. Some of the ingredients are a little hard to come by, but it is so worth it.
- 500 g boneless pork chops, cut in small pieces
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketjap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 350 g indonesian pickled vegetables (atjar tjampoer)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the pork in some olive oil.
- Mix all the other ingredients together in a bowl, except for the atjar tjampoer.
- When the meat is brown on all sides, add the sauce mixture and simmer until meat is well done.
- Add the atjar tjampoer, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Thicken sauce with cornstarch, mixed with a little bit of cold water.
- Serve over white rice.