Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are an old fashioned tart like baked 'cup' with a delightful nut filling and a touch of jam on the bottom. An old favorite that I haven't made for some time - memory fails as to how many tart cups it makes so at this time the servings a guesstimate. . (will be making them soon and come back to add just how many tarts I get) Not having a cook to question for this recipe I use three beaten egg whites for my filling.
- In bowl mix together to make dough - butter, flour, confectioners sugar, egg yolks and vanilla; on floured board roll out dough 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut out circles to fit into individual tart pans.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until nicely golden; cool.
- Prepare filling - separate eggs beat egg yolks with sugar and vanilla for five minutes.
- Beat egg whites (stiff) - fold the stiffly beaten whites and walnuts in small portions alternately and mix slightly
- Spread some jam on the bottom of each cup and fill with the filling mixture.
- Bake another 15 minutes ( I bake this part at a lower temperature - but ovens do vary) They are baked much like tarts.