These are an old fashioned tart like baked 'cup' with a delightful nut filling and a touch of jam on the bottom. An old favorite that I haven't made for some time - memory fails as to how many tart cups it makes so at this time the servings a guesstimate. . (will be making them soon and come back to add just how many tarts I get) Not having a cook to question for this recipe I use three beaten egg whites for my filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, plus
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 3/4 cups pre sifted all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar (powdered icing sugar)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1In bowl mix together to make dough - butter, flour, confectioners sugar, egg yolks and vanilla; on floured board roll out dough 1/4 inch thick.
- 2Cut out circles to fit into individual tart pans.
- 3Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until nicely golden; cool.
- 4Prepare filling - separate eggs beat egg yolks with sugar and vanilla for five minutes.
- 5Beat egg whites (stiff) - fold the stiffly beaten whites and walnuts in small portions alternately and mix slightly
- 6Spread some jam on the bottom of each cup and fill with the filling mixture.
- 7Bake another 15 minutes ( I bake this part at a lower temperature - but ovens do vary) They are baked much like tarts.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Babeczki Orzechowe (Polish Nut Cups)
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.3
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 102.6 mg
- Sodium 84.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 4.6 g