Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Growing up, "Baba" referred to my grandmother--mom's mom. Boy could she cook. She'd be 112 today. Baba used to make this salad every summer and store it in a big glass jar. When we were kids, that bean jar was like a never-ending story--always full and ready to go. It keeps quite well. Store tightly covered in fridge for up to a week. Just stir or turn container occasionally.
- 1 (20 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut wax beans, drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- Drain kidney beans; rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Combine all beans in a bowl with onion and olives.
- Add sugar, vinegar and oil; mix lightly.
- Chill at least 24 hours.
- Use slotted spoon to serve.
This was excellent my hubby loves 3 bean salad but he thinks this is the best he's ever dhad. Thanks
This is a great pot luck dish because it can be made ahead of time and the flavors only get better the longer it sits. I have had similar three-bean salad but never with stuffed olives before. It really puts this salad over the top!!!! Thanks for sharing it, Suanna Marie.