Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This sauce is sooooo good! It makes alot, so feel free to half it, but after you taste it, you may want to make the whole recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup corn or 1⁄2 cup sunflower oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onions or 1⁄2 cup white onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped garlic
- 4 cups tomato puree
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup clover honey (or other mild honey)
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup creamed horseradish (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat until hot.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic, and cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients and 2 1/2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Simmer, stirring occanionally, for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and let cool.
- The sauce will keep in a covered container in the fridge for 2 months.
I enjoyed this recipe and so did all my guests at the bbq. I highly recommend it
This has a nice consistency and was a 5-star taste BEFORE I added the horseradish. (And I like horseradish a lot...just not in this sauce) That seemed to overpower the delicious sauce, so can only give it a 4-star. Sorry...I guess it's just personal taste. I will make it again WITHOUT the horseradish.