Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful firm dough that includes mashed potatoes. Enjoyed by 5 generations.
- 5 cups sifted flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup water (cooled potato water)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine everything except flour.
- Gradually add this mixture to the flour until well mixed.
- Divide into 3 batches.
- Knead each until well worked (about 2 min).
- Wrap each batch in plastic& let rest for 1hr.
- Ready to roll& fill.
Terrific dough that works everytime. Stays pliable even for the second rolling of dough. Even a rank amateur can look like a pro. I had lost this recipe and was super happy to find it here