Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Baba Ghanoush is a dip similar to hummus made from eggplant. I discovered it when I was looking for a recipe to use up leftover eggplant. It's so different and SO good!
- 1 eggplant
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame-seed paste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Dice eggplant into about 1 inch cubes. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Toss diced eggplant with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Add roasted eggplant and remaining ingredients to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Serve with pita wedges.