Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
From Liberty Advance
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup plain vegan yogurt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup tahini, to taste
- 3 -4 dashes teriyaki sauce or 3 -4 dashes Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Wash both eggplants, and pierce them with a knife.
- Place eggplants on a cookie sheet, put them in a 500°F (260°C) preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After eggplants are baked and cooled, peel the skin off.
- Put eggplant in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the lemon juice, salt, olive oil, and plain yogurt.
- Mix ingredients until smooth.
- Stir in tahini according to taste.
- When all ingredients are added, transfer the dip to a serving bowl.
- Stir in teriyaki sauce and garlic.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- Makes 5 to 8 servings.
People love this - serve for company with pita bread and raw veggies. I have made this version of baba ghanoush many times with good results. I like Chinese eggplants the best because I think the flavor is milder and I always cook them on the grill instead of the oven after I poke them with a fork in several places. For me, just one lemon is plenty (my husband didn't like the bite with 2) and just 1/4 cup tahini. I use regular yogurt, a pinch of cumin and cayenne and 1 tablespoon of mayo but no teriyaki sauce. The yogurt makes the dip less dense than other baba ghanoush and I like that about it. I make it in a food processor and it comes out great. Thanks for posting.