Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe off of a newspaper. It is not the one that I usually use since it is not classic babaganoush but it is very very good if you like it creamier and less "eggplant-y"
- olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup tahini sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- cayenne, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly oil baking sheet.
- Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise, and place face-down on the baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until very tender. Cool to the touch.
- Scoop out the eggplant insides, and discard the skin. Place the insides in a food processor, and add the garlic, lemon juice, tahini and salt. Puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving dish, cover tightly, and chill. Drizzle the top with a little olive oil just before serving. Serve with an assortment of crackers.