Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is from sallybernstein.com. I had this for the first time a few months ago and have been looking for a recipe.
- 3 medium eggplants
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 3⁄4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Split the eggplant lengthwise; brush them with 1 T of the olive oil. Place the eggplant cut-side down on a sheetpan and roast at 450°F for 20-30 minutes or until the eggplant is very soft. Allow the eggplant to cool to room temperature.
- When they are at room temperature scoop out the flesh of the eggplant with a spoon and discard the skins. Place the flesh of the eggplant in a colander to drain for about 20 minutes.
- Place the drained eggplant in a food processor along with the lemon juice, tahini, garlic, salt, cayenne pepper, ground cumin and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Puree until the mixture is smooth and thick. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
I am a babaganoush freak, but this sis the first time I have attempted to make it myself. Absolute yum - I will never buy it again.
This turned out better than the store bought baba I usually eat. Thanks!
Scrumptious. Thanks for sharing!