Recipe by AcadiaTwo
This is an Egyptian recipe from a culinary learning packet that my DD received at ACCC culinary school. I have rewritten the directions to make them clearer. I have not tried it.
- 2 lemons (juice of)
- 1 eggplant (medium-large)
- olive oil (to drizzle over eggplant while roasting)
- 1⁄3 cup sesame (tahini)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil (or more)
- 3 garlic cloves
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- onion powder (to taste)
- 1 pinch coriander powder
- 1 pinch cumin
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 8 pita bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Slice, then roast eggplant in oven with olive oil drizzled over it on a jelly roll pan lined with parchment paper for 45 minutes.
- In a blender combine sesame tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, black pepper, onion powder, coriander, parsley, cumin.
- Peel roasted eggplant slices and add them to the blender.
- Blend until smooth and serve with pita.