1/1 Photo of Baba Ghannouj (Smoked Eggplant (Aubergine) Puree)
This is a quick and easy dip to impress your visitors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Char grill eggplants over a direct flame or roast in the oven until skin has blackened.
- 2Set aside in a bowl covered with plastic wrap until cool enough to handle, then peel carefully.
- 3To remove the bitter flavoured juices from the eggplants, squeeze the flesh/pulp until most of the juices have been drained.
- 4In a food processor, blend warm eggplant, with cumin, garlic, salt, tahini and lemon juice until it is a smooth paste.
- 5Then while still blending the eggplant mixture slowly drizzle in olive oil.
- 6Season to taste and serve with your favourite bread.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baba Ghannouj (Smoked Eggplant (Aubergine) Puree)
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.9
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 407.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g