1/1 Photo of Baba Ghannouj (Smoked Eggplant (Aubergine) Puree)
This is a quick and easy dip to impress your visitors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Char grill eggplants over a direct flame or roast in the oven until skin has blackened.
- 2Set aside in a bowl covered with plastic wrap until cool enough to handle, then peel carefully.
- 3To remove the bitter flavoured juices from the eggplants, squeeze the flesh/pulp until most of the juices have been drained.
- 4In a food processor, blend warm eggplant, with cumin, garlic, salt, tahini and lemon juice until it is a smooth paste.
- 5Then while still blending the eggplant mixture slowly drizzle in olive oil.
- 6Season to taste and serve with your favourite bread.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baba Ghannouj (Smoked Eggplant (Aubergine) Puree)
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.9
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 407.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g