Recipe by Chrissyo
This is a quick and easy dip to impress your visitors.
Top Review by Merlot
Had friends over for a light supper and served your Baba Ghannouj with Pita Bread as an appetizer. What a hit! Your recipe is so much better than the one we get at an area Lebanese restaurant! Your ingredient amounts were "right on". Sooo flavorful! Thanks again Chrissy O for another great recipe.
- 2 large fresh firm skin eggplants (2 cups after roasting and squeezing per recipe)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 120 ml tahini (sesame paste)
- 40 ml lemon juice
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Char grill eggplants over a direct flame or roast in the oven until skin has blackened.
- Set aside in a bowl covered with plastic wrap until cool enough to handle, then peel carefully.
- To remove the bitter flavoured juices from the eggplants, squeeze the flesh/pulp until most of the juices have been drained.
- In a food processor, blend warm eggplant, with cumin, garlic, salt, tahini and lemon juice until it is a smooth paste.
- Then while still blending the eggplant mixture slowly drizzle in olive oil.
- Season to taste and serve with your favourite bread.