1/10 Photos of Baba Ganoush - the Best in the World!
Mimi Bobeck's Note:
This baba ganoush recipe is from Williams-Sonoma's Small Plates by Joanne Wier, published 1998
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill.
- 2Preheat an oven to 375°F.
- 3Prick the eggplant with a fork in several places and place on the grill rack 4 to 5 inches from the fire.
- 4Grill, turning frequently, until the skin blackens and blisters and the flesh just begins to feel soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 5Transfer the eggplant to a baking sheet and bake until very soft, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6Remove from the oven, let cool slightly, and peel off and discard the skin.
- 7Place the eggplant flesh in a bowl.
- 8Using a fork, mash the eggplant to a paste.
- 9Add the 1/4 cup tahini, the garlic, the 1/4 cup lemon juice and the cumin and mix well.
- 10Season with salt, then taste and add more tahini and/or lemon juice, if needed.
- 11Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and spread with the back of a spoon to form a shallow well.
- 12Drizzle the olive oil over the top and sprinkle with the parsley.
- 13Place the olives around the sides.
- 14Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baba Ganoush - the Best in the World!
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brine-cured black olives