Recipe by Ambervim
Improves after the 1st or 2nd day.
Top Review by iknitok
This is wonderful! Finally - one with no mayo or yoghurt or cream cheese! Why do all the supermarket dips these days contain these (plus countless other mystery ingredients)? This is my kind of dip.... and a great way to use some of that enormous crop of aubergines!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs eggplants
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons sesame tahini (possible substitute ( plain yogurt or sour cream)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts (optional, may want to add sesame seeds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prick eggplant all over with a fork and bake whole until tender (about 30 minutes). Remove from oven, halve and scoop out the flesh.
- Blend in a food processor with the lemon juice until smooth.
- Mash the salt and garlic together and combine with the eggplant, along with the tahini.
- Cool and stir in the parsley and pine nuts.
- Before serving, drizzle with the olive oil.
- Serve as a dip with tortilla chips or triangles of flat (pita) bread.