Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my recipe that I made from a mixture of different recipes on the web. It is yumm-os!
- 4 medium eggplants
- 10 -12 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lemons, juice of
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Make a deep slit lengthwise down the eggplants.
- Cut garlic cloves lengthwise in half and stuff them in the slits of the eggplants.
- Bake eggplants for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the skins are extreme shriveled and the eggplant gives to the touch.
- Remove eggplants from the oven and let rest for 20 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Peal the skin off the eggplants and put the "meat" center in a food processor
- Process to a smooth paste.
- Add tahini, mayonnaise, black pepper, and lemon juice and process until combined.
- Chill and serve or serve at room temperature.
Very good! I doubled the mayo and added some spices, but otherwise, spot on.