Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Turkey, this eggplant salad with sesame seed paste is excellent when eaten with warm flatbread. I got this recipe from some missionaries that have been living there for awhile.
- 3 large round eggplants
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons sesame seed paste (tahini)
- 1 teaspoon sweet cumin
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- olive oil
- black pepper, to taste
- Wash the eggplants and cook them over a charcoal fire or place them in the oven, until they become soft.
- Let them cool and then carefully remove all the skin, or else the eggplants will have a bitter taste.
- Remove all seeds from the eggplants, dice them as finely as you can and toss them with the tahini, lemon juice, crushed garlic, salt and cumin. Mash and combine all ingredients together using a fork.
- Drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper before serving.
Very nice and it was even a hit with the baby!