Recipe by CardaMom
Baba Ganouj is a Middle Eastern eggplant spread/salad. I love the smoky, garlicy flavor of baba ganouj. It's simple to prepare and tastes delicious. I usually serve it with warm pita, hummous, tehina and a chopped Israeli salad.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 large eggplant
- 4 tablespoons prepared tahini (see my recipe for tehina)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 470F Prick skin of eggplant with fork in 3-4 places Place eggplant on foil in oven for 30-40 minutes, turning eggplant frequently.
- The eggplant is finished cooking when it's skin is charred and wrinkled.
- Remove eggplant from oven and allow to cool.
- Scoop out eggplant flesh, discarding skin and juice.
- Place garlic in food processor and mince Add remaining ingredients, process till smooth Add additional prepared tehina if creamier consistency is desired Place in bowl and garnish with finely chopped parsley.