Recipe by Papagayita
A healthier version of the traditional recipe, incorporating plain yogurt. Serve with crudites, pita, bread, etc.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons plain yogurt (add (to taste)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (approx 1 lg lemon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drizzle eggplant with olive oil, poke some holes in it with a fork.
- Drizzle red bell pepper with oil if you wish.
- Roast eggplant & pepper in an oven at 350F for a hour, turning occasionally.
- Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes. Remove skin from bell pepper and chop coarsely. Reserve for garnish.
- Discard eggplant skin, scoop out flesh of eggplant and combine with rest of ingredients in blender or chop coarsely and mix well.
- Garnish with bell pepper and parsley.