1/1 Photo of Baba-Ganouj ( Baba Ghanoush / Baba Gannoujh )
1 hr 5 mins
Sephardi Kitchen's Note:
This is a Middle Eastern dip made of eggplants and tahini. Roasting the eggplants under a broiler or in the oven gives it a nice smokey flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the eggplants, and pierce the skin with a fork. Heat in a 400-degree oven for approximately 45 minutes, or until the skin blisters, and the eggplant collapses.
- 2Wait for the eggplant to cool, then separate the pulp from the skin. Squeeze the pulp to remove the juice (which is bitter), and mash to break up any large pieces.
- 3Finely mince the garlic, and cook in a pan with a little oil until lightly browned. Mash the garlic, and stir into the eggplant. Mix in the lemon juice, salt and tahini, adjust amounts to taste. Drizzle with olive oil and minced parsley (optional).
- 4Refrigerate if desired, and serve with flatbread, chips, or by itself.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baba-Ganouj ( Baba Ghanoush / Baba Gannoujh )
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.7
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 228.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 3.2 g