Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 2 -3 medium eggplants
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pierce the eggplants several times with fork.
- Place on lightly oiled baking sheet and bake 40--45 minutes until completely soft. Cool.
- Scoop out the insides and puree in food processor.
- Add all remaining ingredients except olive oil and scallions.
- Top with olive oil and scallions before serving.
- Serve with pita bread, Greek olives and tomatoes.
A very tasty spread, I was eating in sandwiches, on toast, you name it. It was a little bit too lemony in my opinion though :)
I also prefer less lemon. And so it seems does my toddler hence the 4 star rating.
Just the best - that mayo trick mentioned reminded me of a Greek lady who added an egg yolk & a bit of heavy cream to hers. My lemons were really sour so I added a bit less than the recipe called for. Someday I'll be where there are Meyers lemons & I'll put them to use in this recipe. Recipe is the best - total keeper Baba recipe. Thanks Linda!