- 2 -3 medium eggplants
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pierce the eggplants several times with fork.
- Place on lightly oiled baking sheet and bake 40--45 minutes until completely soft. Cool.
- Scoop out the insides and puree in food processor.
- Add all remaining ingredients except olive oil and scallions.
- Top with olive oil and scallions before serving.
- Serve with pita bread, Greek olives and tomatoes.