A truly gourmet dessert, suitable for the most special of occasions.
Make and share this Baba au Rhum recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve yeast in the milk in a large bowl.
- Stir in 1/2 cup flour.
- Cover and set aside in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat 7 Tablespoons of the butter in an electric mixer or in a food processor.
- Beat in 2 Tablespoons sugar and 2 Tablespoons flour.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat the remaining flour into the risen yeast mixture, then beat in the butter-egg mixture to make a thick, cake-like batter.
- Grease an 8-inch Bundt pan with the remaining tablespoon of butter, taking care to leave no part of the pan ungreased, and spoon the batter into the mold.
- It should fill it halfway.
- Cover with a cloth and set aside to rise until the dough reaches the top of the mold.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the baba for about 40 min.
- until nicely browned on top.
- While the baba is baking, combine the remaining sugar with the water in a saucepan and boil until syrupy and reduced to 3 cups.
- Remove from heat and stir in rum.
- Remove baked baba from oven and spoon rum syrup over it, saturating completely.
- Cool 45 minutes.
- Decorate with candied fruits and whipped cream.