1 hr 15 mins
Chef #397624's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix milk, baking powder, oil and egg yolks.
- 2Add flour gradually while mixing.
- 3Mix the dough well for a few minutes.
- 4Pour in a plastic bag and leave for 2-3 hours.
- 5Peel and ground the almonds.
- 6Add fine sugar and cardamom powder and mix well.
- 7Spread some flour on a table-top.
- 8Take a small ball from the dough and flatten into a sheet on the table-top as much as possible with a roller.
- 9Use a brush to remove the flour from the sheet.
- 10Place a box on the sheet and cut the sheet at 0.5 cm away from the edges of the box.
- 11Place the cut sheet at the bottom of the box.
- 12Repeat this procedure three times.
- 13Add the almond-sugar mix on top of the sheets to fill the box.
- 14Press using the back of a large spoon to obtain a flat surface.
- 15Spread a bit of rose-water on the mix.
- 16Cover with another three sheets of the dough.
- 17Cut along a grid.
- 18Heat up 150 grams of cooking oil and spread on top of the boxes.
- 19Add sugar to 1/2 cup of hot water and bring to boil.
- 20Add rose-water and continue boiling for 2-3 minutes. Keep this syrup warm.
- 21Pre-heat the oven to 300°F Place the boxes in the lower part of the oven and leave for 15-20 minutes.
- 22Remove and add a bit of the syrup.
- 23Return to a higher part of the oven and leave for another 15 minutes until Baagh-lava turns slightly golden.
- 24Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- 25Add a bit of syrup over Baagh-lava 2-3 times at 5 minute intervals.
Nutritional Facts for Baagh-Lava
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1817.4
- Calories from Fat 767
- Total Fat 85.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 98.6 mg
- Sodium 545.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 246.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.1 g
- Sugars 194.4 g
- Protein 37.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: