1/1 Photo of Baachsh - Traditional Bochari Rice, Meat and Coriander Dish
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I'm told Persians make this same recipe with fresh dill instead of coriander. There are three ways to make this dish: (1) as a regular rice dish, (2) as stuffing--do everything but the last stage of simmering and stuff inside a chicken, or (3) as a "sausage"--in this case the meat should be very fatty and you need a good cloth bag to pack the rice into tightly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a saucepan and add onion.
- 2Sauté onion until it becomes transparent.
- 3Add ground meat and stir so it doesn't "clump" together.
- 4Stir in turmeric and pepper and let cook for 30 minutes.
- 5Add the rice, salt and coriander and mix well until the mixture of rice, meat, onions and coriander is uniform and rice has turned yellow from the turmeric.
- 6Add water and leave the mixture to boil until the water has mainly been absorbed, then lower the heat and cover the pot with a towel and then the lid (the towel will absorb the water vapor).
- 7Leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- 8Fluff the rice and serve!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baachsh - Traditional Bochari Rice, Meat and Coriander Dish
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.5
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 42.5 mg
- Sodium 639.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 18.9 g