Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy nice looking cookies.
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 150 g caster sugar
- 300 g flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 25 -30 g cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix the butter and the sugar until you get a creamy texture.
- Add vanilla extract, egg, flour and the lemon zest and mix until it is smooth then split the mixture into 2 even balls.
- In one of the balls add cocoa and blend it inches.
- Roll both balls until you get a 8 mm thin layer.
- Take the egg yolk and mix it with a little bit of water and spread it over one of the layers.
- Put the other layer over it and roll them together using a plastic sheet then put the roll in the fridge for about 45-60 minute.
- Heat the oven at 180˚C.
- Take the roll out of the fridge and cut it into thin slices then put them on a tray that has baking paper on it.
- Bake them for 15 minutes, let them cool and serve.