Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
The snack bar at Jersey Shore Medical Center, Neptune, NJ made BOBs famous. Breakfast On a Bun. Typically it is a fried egg, Taylor pork roll, and cheese on a kaiser roll. We are not able to get good quality kaiser rolls in the Seattle area (great bread but the rolls and bagels leave me wanting East coast) and you can't find Taylor pork roll (my sister mails it to me) so I used a Hawaiian roll to make one for DH. You can do them in a microwave if you like and it works with fried, scrambled or however you like it! UPDATE: Hmm, I lost the previous update.... I was perusing the Lakewood NJ Blue Claws website and saw pictures of the teams mascots: Buster - a lot of people think Buster us named after Buster Crabbe but in NJ Busters are soft shelled crabs. You will also see Junior Mascots, Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese. Check it out at www.lakewoodblueclaws.com. The Blue Claws are the 'A' team for the Philadelphia Phillies. My family supports the team and hosts the players and are big fans. Take a peek at the beautiful statdium and check out the seating arrangements at the stadium to get a peek at the mascots. If you are able to attend the games you will have a ball.
- 1 kaiser roll, split
- 1 egg, fried (or scrambled)
- 1 slice pork roll, Taylor brand, fried
- 1 slice American cheese
- If you want to use any other meat go ahead. Canadian bacon, regular bacon, ham, use what you have available in your neck of the woods.
- In a small microwave bowl, nuke the meat, then the egg for about 30 seconds each, pile 0n a roll and top with cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste. For some reason these taste better after they have been wrapped in Handy Wax sheets. I think it steams the sandwich a little and makes it all taste better. DH loves these.
So easy and no mess of pots and pans!